Registration installs the OMNI plug-in on the vCenter server. The plug-in allows OMNI to be launched within the vSphere Client and enables networks created in vCenter to be automatically configured in the SmartFabric.
To register the vCenter server in OMNI, do the following:
- In a browser, go to https://OMNI_IP_address_or_FQDN.
- Select LAUNCH OMNI FABRIC MANAGEMENT PORTAL and log in.
- With OMNI Home selected in the left pane, select the vCenter Instance tab in the right pane.
- Click +ADD.
- In the Add a vCenter Instance window, enter the information for the vCenter, as shown.
- Click ADD. A success message displays and the vCenter appears in the list, as shown. If you are logged into the vSphere Client when the plug-in is installed, a banner appears at the top of the screen, outlined in red in the figure below.
- Click the REFRESH BROWSER button that appears in the banner. Note: If there are other messages present, such as a license warning, the message shown in the figure above may be located behind the other messages. When there are multiple messages, there are < and > icons present to the left of the banner to cycle through the messages.
- To launch OMNI in the vSphere client, click the menu in the upper left corner. The OpenManage Network Integration listing shows on the menu.
- Click OpenManage Network Integration.
OMNI opens in the vSphere Client.
OMNI is now ready for use. You may use either the vSphere Client or a direct browser connection to connect to the OMNI UI.