This section demonstrates OMNI Day-2 automation. A port group/VLAN is added to the vDS for the stretched cluster in the vSphere Client, and all hosts in the cluster are automatically added to that VLAN in the SmartFabric at both sites.
For this example, a distributed port group on VLAN 50 is created as follows:
- In the Inventory pane of the vSphere client, click the Networking icon .
- Right-click the vDS for the stretched cluster, named DSwitch in this example, and select Distributed Port Group > New Distributed Port Group.
- In the Name and location window, provide a name for the port group, Test in this example, and click NEXT.
- In the Configure settings window, set the VLAN type to VLAN and the VLAN ID to 50.
- Click NEXT > FINISH.
When the SmartFabric update task is complete, you can verify VLAN 50 has been created, and the hosts in the cluster added to VLAN 50, on the SmartFabrics in both sites. This is done in the OMNI UI as follows:
- In the OMNI left pane, select either site. Site01 is selected in this example.
- In the right pane, select Network > Networks and expand General Purpose Networks.
- Network-50 on VLAN 50 has been created in the SmartFabric as a Layer 2 VLAN, as shown:
- Select the Server Interface profile tab at the top of the page.
- On the left side of the Server Interface Profile page, click the radio button next to a server interface that is connected to a host in the stretched cluster, S1-Leaf1A:ethernet1/1/1 in this example. The host has automatically been added to VLAN 50, as shown.
- Confirm all hosts in the cluster are configured the same way by clicking each server interface in the list.
- Repeat the steps above on the second site to confirm all hosts in the stretched cluster at the second site are now also on VLAN 50.