Discover and grant PowerFlex Manager access to resources in the environment. Provide the management IP address and credential for each discoverable resource.
Dell Technologies recommends using separate operating system credentials for SVM and VMware ESXi. For information about creating or updating credentials in PowerFlex Manager, click Settings > Credentials Management and access the online help.
During node discovery, you can configure iDRAC nodes to automatically send alerts to PowerFlex Manager. If the PowerFlex nodes are not configured for alert connector, Secure Remote Services does not receive critical or error alerts for those resources.
- Gather the IP addresses and credentials that are associated with the resources.
- On the PowerFlex Manager Getting Started page, click Discover Resources under Step 3: Discover.
- On the Welcome page of the Discovery wizard, read the instructions and click Next.
- On the Identify Resources page, click Add Resource Type. From the Resource Type list, select the resource you want to discover.
- Enter the management IP address of the resource in the IP Address Range field. To discover a resource in an IP range, provide a starting and ending IP address.
- In the Resource State list, select either Managed or Unmanaged. The resource state must be managed for PowerFlex Manager to send alerts to Secure Remote Services.
- To discover resources into a selected node pool instead of the global pool (default), select the node pool from the Discover into Node Pool list.
- Select the appropriate credential from the Credentials list.
- If you want PowerFlex Manager to automatically reconfigure the iDRAC nodes it finds, select the Reconfigure discovered nodes with new management IP and credentials checkbox. This option is not selected by default, because it is faster to discover the nodes if you bypass the reconfiguration.
- Select the Auto configure nodes to send alerts to PowerFlex Manager checkbox to have PowerFlex Manager automatically configure iDRAC nodes to send alerts to PowerFlex Manager.
- Click Next to start discovery. On the Discovered Resources page, select the resources from which you want to collect inventory data and click Finish. The discovered resources are listed on the Resources page.