Download the PowerFlex Manager OVA and deploy the PowerFlex Manager virtual appliance:
- Log in to the Dell EMC Download Center, download the PowerFlex Manager OVA file, and save it to a location that is accessible to the VMware vSphere Client.
- Log in to VMware vSphere Client and select File > Deploy OVF Template.
The Deploy OVF Template wizard is displayed.
- On the Select template page, enter the URL where the OVA is located or select Local file and browse to the location where the OVA is saved. Click Next.
- On the Select name and location page, enter a name for the VM of up to 80 characters and select a data center where the template will be stored. Click Next.
- On the Select a resource page, select a location where the deployed template runs. Click Next.
- On the Review details page, verify that the template details are correct and then click Next.
- On the Accept license agreements page, read the license agreement, and click Accept > Next.
- On the Select storage page:
- Select Thin provision from the Select virtual disk format menu.
- Select a datastore from the Datastore Clusters menu and then click Next.
- On the Select networks page, complete the following:
- Select a destination network for the ESXi Management source network.
- Select a destination network for the OS Installation source network. The operating system installation network is the PXE network.
- Select a destination network for the OOB Management source network. The OOB management network is the dedicated iDRAC network.
- Click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review the configuration data and click Finish to deploy the PowerFlex Manager virtual appliance.