OpenManage Network Integration (OMNI) enables configuration and management of Dell PowerSwitch systems running Dell SmartFabric OS10 within VMware vCenter. With OMNI, networks created in vCenter are automatically configured in the fabric.
The following tasks are done in the OMNI plugin in vCenter:
- View the leaf-spine topology
- View switch status
- Configure server-facing interfaces and port channels
- Configure uplinks to external networks
- Create networks
- Configure routing
- Upgrade SmartFabric OS10
When in use, OMNI can connect to SFSS and provide administrators with a single pane of glass infrastructure that manages SFS and SFSS in the vCenter Web Client. You can also use OMNI without SmartFabric Services.
- From the vCenter client, select OpenManage Network Integration.
- From the OMNI Home screen, click the SFS/SFSS tab.
- Click Create.
- Configure the details for the following required fields within the Add Service Instance wizard:
You can now manage SFSS from within vCenter.
- Address: Management IP address of the SFSS VM
- Name: Name that will appear in the OMNI UI
- Username: admin Note: Ignore the message recommending REST_USER. This message applies to SmartFabric Services.
- Password: Enter the configured admin password
- Click to place a check in the Register for Events checkbox.
- Click ADD.