For users that are not running PowerStoreOS 2.0 and later, see the following guidelines and workflow for running the service script to remove an appliance from a cluster:
- Notify all users to avoid creating storage resources or virtual machines while this operation is in progress.
- Run the svc_remove_appliance script and note the storage resources and workloads on the appliance.
- Using the prompts from the script, review and stop the scheduler and automated storage placement, allowing all active jobs to complete.
- Migrate storage resources or virtual machines to another appliance in the cluster.
- Cycle through the prompts in the script to review and ensure that there are no more active workloads on the appliance.
- Follow the prompts and confirm to start removal of the appliance.
Note: The svc_remove_appliance service script does not automatically migrate storage resources off the appliance that is being removed.