Figure 6. Restore workflow
- Backup software initiates the restore.
- Client A uses the pool access IP to connect to the DDNVM. Similar to the backup workflow, services on the DDNVM retrieve the IP of the DDR where the client's MSU resides, from the NRS DB.
- The DD Boost library on the client automatically disconnects from the DDNVM and redirects to the DDR IP.
- The backup software reads the data from the DDR.
- After successfully recovering the data, the client disconnects the connection with the DDR and updates the status to the backup software.