VMware Tanzu Greenplum on Dell EMC PowerFlex
VMware best practices
- Always use para virtual SCSI controller on guest VMs for high performance.
- Do not overcommit the VM host CPU.
- Enable hyper-threading for each CO node to improve the overall host performance by keeping the CPU pipeline busy and allow hypervisor to schedule CPU clock cycle correctly.
- Make sure that VM fits into correct NUMA node configuration so that Greenplum can leverage this setting for its database engine.
- Change per device queue length that is “No of outstanding IOs” to 256 on each CO node to improve the IO concurrency of each data store.