This solution implements the following Dell EMC and VMware best practices to provide optimal performance for all Splunk Enterprise virtual machines running on VxRail:
- Creates a vSphere HA cluster to provide a virtualized, high-availability Splunk Enterprise environment that is easy to use and is cost-effective
- Uses a VMware Paravirtual SCSI controller to increase throughput with significant CPU utilization reduction
- Uses a VMware VMXNET3 network adapter to optimize network performance
- Installs VMware Tools in the guest operating system to improve VM performance
- Sets VM advance parameters numa.vcpu.preferHT to true for enabling hyperthreading with NUMA in ESXi
For more information, see Performance Best Practices for VMware vSphere 7.