With SFS, switches are automatically configured during the VxRail deployment. When additional VxRail nodes are connected to the SmartFabric, the fabric identifies them as VxRail nodes and automatically adds them to the required networks.
VxRail deployments with SFS must include:
- Three VxRail nodes running the VxRail appliance software version that is specified in the SmartFabric OS10 Solutions (HCI, Storage, MX) Support Matrix.
- VxRail nodes that meet the hardware and software requirements that are specified in the Dell VxRail Support Matrix.
- Ten GbE or 25 GbE onboard NICs in the VxRail nodes.
- Two supported Dell PowerSwitch units that are deployed as leaf switches. To meet Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) requirements, each leaf switch in the pair must be the same model.
- PowerSwitch units that are running SmartFabric OS10.5.0.7P3 or later, as specified in the SmartFabric OS10 Solutions (HCI, Storage, MX) Support Matrix.
- One 1 GbE BASE-T switch (or 1000BASE-T switch) for out-of-band (OOB) management connections. Dell Technologies recommends using one PowerSwitch S3048-ON per rack.
- One DNS server, either new or existing, that is reachable on the network with host records added for this deployment.