Configure Microsoft HCI Solutions from Dell Technologies to implement a fully converged or nonconverged network for storage and management connectivity.
Complete the following steps to configure host networking:
- Create VM switches (based on topology).
- Create VM adapters, and configure VLANs and IP addresses.
- Map the VM storage adapters (based on topology).
- Enable RDMA for the storage adapters.
- Change RDMA settings on the QLogic NICs.
- Configure the QoS policy.
- Disable the DCBX Willing state in the operating system.
Note: Dell Technologies recommends implementing a nonconverged network and using physical network adapters for the storage traffic rather than using SET. However, in a nonconverged configuration, if virtual machine adapters must have RDMA capability, SET configuration is necessary for storage adapters.
Note: The host operating system network configuration must be complete before you join cluster nodes to the Active Directory domain.
Note: Steps on the configuration of RDMA adapters do not apply to single node clusters.