Traffic on the external management network, VLAN 1811, must be able to reach the external network. To accomplish this with L3 uplinks, an IP address and a shared anycast gateway address on virtual network 1811 is configured for each leaf switch in the SmartFabric.
An IP address range and shared gateway address for Leaf1A and 1B was previously configured in the Additional configuration steps for L3 uplinks section of this guide. Since we are adding Leaf2A and Leaf2B, the range needs to be increased to allow four leaf switches as follows:
- In the SFS UI, select Network > Networks and expand General Purpose Networks.
- Select the radio button next to the external management VLAN, 1811 in this example.
- Click EDIT.
- Next to IP Addresses, increase the range of IP addresses to allocate for the leaf switches. One address needs to be available for each leaf switch in the SmartFabric. For this example, the range is increased from two addresses, 172.18.11.252-253, to four addresses, 172.18.11.250-253, for the four leaf switches. The remaining fields on the page are unchanged. The page displays as shown:
- Click EDIT to apply the settings.
An IP address is assigned to virtual network 1811 on Leafs 2A and 2B. Existing addresses on Leafs 1A and 1B are unchanged.
- Optionally, you can verify the addresses by running the show interface virtual network 1811 command at the CLI of the leaf switches. The IP address assigned on Leaf2A is underlined in the command output below.
Leaf2A# show interface virtual-network 1811
Virtual-network 1811 is up, line protocol is up
Address is 8c:04:ba:c6:a3:62, Current address is 8c:04:ba:c6:a3:62
Interface index is 88
Internet address is 172.18.11.251/24