The Dell Validated Design for Computer Vision solution is an award-winning Dell Validated Design that leverages the VxRail hyperconverged platform for hosting a suite of workloads critical to computer vision workflows. The platform has been shown to successfully leverage market-leading components from Dell, VMware, and NVIDIA to host an integrated set of applications, including video management, computer vision, and cybersecurity threat detection and remediation used every day by organizations managing stadiums and arenas worldwide.
In public stadiums and arenas, computer vision can be used in many ways to enhance the fan experience, improve security, and optimize operations. As the world recovers from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, fans of sports and entertainment are anxious to experience the enjoyment of watching their favorite team or seeing a favorite band perform.
Stadiums are comprised of many unique areas that must be managed together to provide safe and efficient operations, including:
- Links to public transportation services
- Roadway connections and vehicle access
- Stadium approach ways and entrances
- Ticketing counters, hallways, and lobbies
- Retail and restaurant services
- Restricted area access control and perimeter fencing
This white paper describes the results of a proof-of-concept designed to show how the Dell Validated Design for Computer Vision can be employed for these large-scale, multi-faceted environments. Our test cases focus on the following workflows critical to the safe and enjoyable experience of hosting and attending large events.
- People Counting
- Queue Capacity Estimation
- Crowd Management
- Overcrowding Detection
- Lost Child Search
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection
This proof-of-concept demonstrates the value of investing in Dell and VMware-powered solutions to deliver a consolidated platform to organizations hosting virtual machines and container virtualized applications for environments using Computer Vision. This document was developed to help stadium and venue operators with following objectives:
- Determine areas where AI-enabled computer vision can enhance safety and security operations throughout stadiums and venues.
- Identify which Ipsotek Artificial Intelligence Video Analytics (A.I.V.A.) solutions will significantly impact your operations.
- Understand how Ipsotek VISuite is deployed on the Dell Validated Design for Computer Vision infrastructure and the role of the system integrator in your deployment.
- Validate the performance of the A16 NVIDIA GPU with Ipsotek software for comparison with previous validations based on the A40 NVIDIA GPU.