There are several paths to get to CDP Private Cloud Base, aside from a new, or
greenfield, installation. For existing installations there are two approaches:
- With this approach, as shown on the left of Migration vs. upgrading, you:
- Deploy a new CDP Private Cloud Base cluster on-premises and on new hardware infrastructure.
- Copy the data and metadata from the existing cluster.
- Migrate the existing workloads.
- In-place upgrade for supported upgrade pathways
- With this approach, as shown on the right of Migration vs. upgrading, you:
- Perform required preparations to upgrade from the legacy cluster to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Perform an in-place upgrade on the same hardware infrastructure.
Further details on both these approaches are described in: