The purpose of this document is to provide important background and information for data analytics infrastructure managers and architects who want to run CDP Private Cloud Base on Dell hardware infrastructure. Topics that are discussed include:
- What a data platform is
- The wide range of use cases for a data platform
- The details of CDP Private Cloud Base
- The relationship of CDP Private Cloud Base to CDP Private Cloud Data Services
- A high-level description of the solution architecture for CDP on Dell Infrastructure
- The journey to CDP Private Cloud Base, including upgrade and migration strategies
Dell Technologies and Cloudera have been collaborating for over eight years to provide customers with guidance on optimal hardware to streamline the design, planning, and configuration of their Cloudera deployments. Dell Technologies is a Platinum member of the Cloudera IHV Program, the highest level of partnership that indicates ongoing commitments to both Cloudera and customers. This document is based on the collective experience of both companies in deploying and running enterprise production environments for Cloudera software on Dell hardware infrastructure.
For further information about this solution, see the companion Design Guide for Data Management with Cloudera Data Platform on Dell Infrastructure, which may be found on the Dell Technologies Info Hub for Data Analytics.