CDP Private Cloud Base is a comprehensive, on-premises platform for integrated data analytics. CDP Private Cloud Base encompasses ingest, processing, analysis, experimentation, and deployment. It integrates the best of CDH and HDP to deliver the latest and best open-source data management and analytics technologies. CDP Private Cloud Base is optimized for deployment within the data center, and ready for private cloud.
A core layer of CDP Private Cloud Base is Cloudera Shared Data Experience (SDX), with uniform capabilities of Data, Schema, Replication, Security, and Governance. Cloudera SDX Shared Data Experience includes the following capabilities:
- Automatic capture and storage of all schema and metadata definitions as platform workloads use and create them.
- Deliver data copies and data policies that the enterprise requires to work, with complete consistency and security.
- Role-based access control applied consistently across the platform, including full stack encryption and key management.
- Enterprise-grade auditing, lineage, and governance capabilities applied across the platform with rich extensibility for partner integrations.
CDP Private Cloud components shows a high-level view of CDP Private Cloud Base in relation to CDP Private Cloud Data Services. Cloudera Runtime consists of a large set of software components including Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive 3, Apache HBase, and Apache Impala, and many other components for specialized workloads. The full list is shown in CDP Private Cloud Base software components.
Several preconfigured packages of services, sometimes known as cluster shapes, are available for common workloads on CDP Private Cloud Base. These services include:
- Data Engineering
- Provides the abilities to ingest, transform, and analyze data. Services include: HDFS, YARN, YARN Queue Manager, Ranger, Atlas, Hive, Hive on Tez, Spark, Oozie, Hue, and Data Analytics Studio.
- Data Mart
- Enables you to browse, query, and explore your data in an interactive way. Services include: HDFS, Ranger, Atlas, Hive, Impala, and Hue.
- Operational Database
- Provides low-latency writes, reads, and persistent access to data for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) use cases and real-time insights. Services include: HDFS, Ranger, Atlas, and HBase.
You can also create custom services and clusters from Cloudera Manager, which deploys any combination of supported services that you select from all available services in the Cloudera Runtime distribution.