Automation and orchestration of VxBlock System resources helps to address the business challenges involved in driving IT transformation by delivering services more quickly, at a reduced cost, while improving operational efficiency. It reduces the IT bottlenecks faced by all lines of business because less time and fewer resources are spent in managing the scaling up and down of the infrastructure.
Automation can be achieved through in-house development efforts. However, this approach is not without risks and cost.
Developed to integrate with vRealize Orchestrator, VxBlock Central Workflow Automation reduces administration overhead by providing a library of engineered workflows. CI architects and engineers develop and maintain the VxBlock Central Workflow Automation library based on CI best practices.
Integrating VxBlock Central Workflow Automation delivers:
- Higher efficiencies—Streamline operations by automating daily tasks.
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)—Eliminate manual operational processes and spend less time on infrastructure administration throughout the VxBlock life span.
- Added flexibility—Expand compute, storage, and other resources as needed with highly automated provisioning and orchestration workflows.
- Reduced operational costs—Avoid the significant overhead that can come with integrating automation into life cycle management processes. Dell Technologies maintains the workflows, ensuring that the latest software and firmware versions are continuously updated across the infrastructure.
- Minimized sustaining investments—Rely on Dell’s centralized service to maintain workflows and stay current with new software versions and patches, avoiding the maintenance challenge and associated overhead.
- Accelerated delivery—Provide new services and applications more quickly, and reduce risk to existing services and applications when making infrastructure changes.