This section outlines the general steps that are needed to initialize a VxRail cluster.
- Install the VxRail nodes into the two racks in the data center.
- Attach the appropriate cabling between the ports of the VxRail nodes and the switch ports.
- Power on the four primary E-series nodes in both racks to form the initial VxRail cluster.
- To access the VxRail ESXi management on VLAN 1641, connect a workstation or laptop that is configured for VxRail.
- Using a web browser, go to the default VxRail IP address, 192.168.10.200, to begin the VxRail initialization process.
- Complete the steps provided within the initialization wizard.
Using the values provided, VxRail performs the verification process. Once the validation is complete, the initialization process builds a new VxRail cluster. The building progress of the cluster displays in the status window provided. When the Hooray! message displays, the VxRail initialization is complete, and the new VxRail cluster is built.