Before adding the VxRail cluster, image the workload domain nodes. After that work is complete, perform the VxRail first run of the workload domain nodes using the external vCenter server.
Create a local user in the vCenter Server as this is an external server that the VMware Cloud Foundation deploys. This is required for the first run of VxRail.
- Log in to the workload domain vCenter Server Appliance through VMware vSphere Web Client.
- Select Menu > Administration > Single Sign-On.
- Click Users and Groups.
- Click Users.
- Select domain vSphere.local.
- Click Add User.
- In the Add User pop-up window, enter the values for the mandatory fields.
- Enter vxadmin as the Username and Password. Confirm the Password.
- Click Add.
- Wait for the task completion.