VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail offers flexible financial consumption models that can align with how customers choose to consume their private cloud technologies. This includes traditional CAPEX, Instance-based configurations with APEX, and Dell Technologies On Demand.
- VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail (CAPEX): Customers can purchase VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail using traditional CAPEX consumption models. This model requires an upfront payment.
- VMware Cloud Foundation-S on VxRail (OPEX): Consume on-premises VCF hybrid cloud infrastructure through a term subscription OPEX model. Ideal for customers who want a subscription that supports secure air gapped environments that cannot have cloud connectivity. In this model, the VxRail HW remains CAPEX.
- VMware Cloud Foundation+ on VxRail (OPEX): This is a metered subscription OPEX model with connection to VMware cloud services that transforms on-premises infrastructure with a new class of VMware hybrid services. In this model, the VxRail HW remains CAPEX.
- APEX Hybrid Cloud (OPEX): VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail is the foundation for APEX Hybrid Cloud. In a few clicks, you can subscribe to instances designed for your workloads through the APEX Console and get it deployed in your data center, co-location facility, and edge locations in as few as 14 days. With a simplified ordering process enabled by the APEX Console, pick instance types based on your workload requirements, capacity needed, and subscription term. Intuitively select from preconfigured hybrid cloud solutions aligned to your enterprise workloads.
- APEX Flex On Demand (OPEX): Payment solutions for VxRail include APEX Flex On Demand, a pay-per-use consumption model that enables customers to scale capacity up or down, with payments that rise and fall accordingly. Customers simply choose their baseline capacity, which they pay for at an agreed-upon rate each month, as well as buffer capacity.
Figure 22. VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail financial consumption options