Most SDDCs are hybrid, with a mix of traditional and modern application architectures. They are provisioned in an increasingly virtualized mix of physical and virtual environments, managed both on-premises in private clouds and off-premises in public clouds. The concept of a cloud management platform has evolved as a response to this complex set of management requirements. VMware Aria Suite (formerly vRealize Suite) is a cloud management solution. It integrates VMware Aria (vRealize cloud management) products that together provide automation, operations, and log analytics in a hybrid IT environment.
The VMware vRealize cloud management platform includes the following features:
- vRealize Automation automates the delivery of IaaS or application services using blueprints (templates) that bind compute, storage, networking, and security resources through policies.
- vRealize Business for Cloud automates costing, usage metering and service pricing of virtualized infrastructure and cloud services.
- vRealize Operations provides intelligent health, performance, capacity, and configuration management. vRealize Operations offers performance and health monitoring and capacity planning as well as custom dashboards, capacity modeling and customized alerting. These insights help administrators maintain compliance and efficiently detect and resolve any issues that may arise.
- vRealize Log Insight provides real-time log management and log analysis. vRealize Log Insight lets administrators monitor physical and virtual infrastructure to avoid failures and performance issues. vRealize Log Insight provides centralized log aggregation and analysis with search and filter capabilities. This provides the ability to monitor all workloads from a single place.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager provides automated installation, configuration, upgrade, patch, drift remediation, health, and content management of vRealize products.
- vRealize Network Insight provides intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It accelerates microsegmentation planning and deployment, enables visibility across virtual and physical networks, and provides operational views to manage and scale VMware NSX deployments.