Most software-defined data centers are hybrid, with workloads a mix of traditional and modern application architectures. They are provisioned in an increasingly virtualized mix of physical and virtual environments, managed both on-premises in private clouds and off-premises in public clouds. The concept of a cloud management platform has evolved as a response to this complex set of management requirements. VMware’s vRealize cloud management platform delivers the management capabilities to effectively manage the complete lifecycle of services delivered in a hybrid IT environment.
VMware’s vRealize cloud management platform includes:
- vRealize Automation automates the delivery of IaaS or application services via blueprints (templates) that bind compute, storage, networking and security resources through policies.
- vRealize Business for Cloud automates costing, usage metering and service pricing of virtualized infrastructure and cloud services.
- vRealize Operations provides intelligent health, performance, capacity and configuration management. vRealize Operations offers performance and health monitoring and capacity planning as well as custom dashboards, capacity modeling and customized alerting. These insights help administrators maintain compliance and efficiently detect and resolve any issues that may arise.
- vRealize Log Insight provides real-time log management and log analysis. vRealize Log Insight lets administrators monitor physical and virtual infrastructure to avoid failures and performance issues. vRealize Log Insight provides centralized log aggregation and analysis with search and filter capabilities. This provides the ability to monitor all workloads from a single place.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager provides automated installation, configuration, upgrade, patch, drift remediation, health and content management of vRealize products.
- vRealize Network Insight provides intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It accelerates micro-segmentation planning and deployment, enables visibility across virtual and physical networks, and provides operational views to manage and scale VMware NSX deployments.