VMware vSphere provides a powerful, flexible, and secure foundation for business agility that accelerates the digital transformation to cloud computing and promotes success in the digital economy.
vSphere provides the following benefits for VDI applications:
- Improved Appliance Management—The vCenter Server Appliance Management interface provides CPU and memory statistics, network and database statistics, disk space usage, and health data. These features reduce reliance on a command-line interface for simple monitoring and operational tasks.
- VMware vCenter Server native high availability—This solution for vCenter Server Appliance consists of active, passive, and witness nodes that are cloned from the existing vCenter Server instance. The vCenter HA cluster can be enabled, disabled, or destroyed at any time. Maintenance mode prevents planned maintenance from causing an unwanted failover. The vCenter Server database uses Native PostgreSQL synchronous replication, while key data outside the database uses a separate asynchronous file system replication.
- Backup and Restore—Native backup and restore for the vCenter Server Appliance enables users to back up vCenter Server appliances directly from the VAMI or API. The backup consists of a set of files that is streamed to a selected storage device using SCP, HTTP(S), or FTP(S) protocols.
- VMware vSphere HA Support for NVIDIA vGPU-configured VMs—vSphere HA protects VMs with the NVIDIA vGPU shared pass-through device. In the event of a failure, vSphere HA tries to restart the VMs on another host that has an identical NVIDIA vGPU profile. If no available healthy host meets this criterion, the VM fails to power on.
- VMware vSAN Enterprise Edition—Includes all-flash space-efficiency features (deduplication, compression, and erasure coding), software-defined, data-at-rest encryption, and stretched clusters for cost-efficient performance and greater hardware choice.
- VMware Log Insight—Provides log management, actionable dashboards, and refined analytics, which enable deep operational visibility and faster troubleshooting.