Dell Technologies offers comprehensive, flexible, and efficient VDI solutions that are designed and optimized for your organization's needs. These VDI solutions are easy to plan, deploy, and run.
To start or extend your data center, you can choose from two vSAN-based appliance options. While VxRail and vSAN Ready Nodes have the same underlying technology (VMware vSAN), each provides unique benefits. VxRail appliances provide a turnkey solution for deploying and managing infrastructure with additional software features to assist throughout the appliance life cycle. vSAN Ready Nodes require similar architectural design elements, but do not include the software components and elements that are found in the VxRail product. However, vSAN Ready Nodes offer a greater array of platforms and additional peripheral device choices.
Dell EMC Ready Solutions for VDI offer several key benefits:
- VxRail Manager life cycle management —Integrated VxRail software life cycle management keeps software updates and patches current. Updates are easy to install and safe to implement because all software components are engineered, tested, and released as a bundle. The VxRail Manager notifies administrators when updates are available. Perform updates in your production environment with no downtime while VxRail Manager intelligently deploys important updates. VxRail Manager life cycle management reduces complexity, makes the infrastructure more secure, and removes the risk (VxRail Manager is available only on VxRail appliances).
- Predictable costs, performance, and scalability to support a growing workforce —The cost of deploying applications and desktops is reduced when deploying from a data center.
- Rapid deployments —Dell EMC Ready Solutions for VDI offer rapid automated deployment at the infrastructure layer through Dell Services.
- Rapid scaling to serve enterprises of any size —Scale rapidly with workload-specific configurations per platform. The solution is scalable up to 64 nodes per cluster, supporting thousands of virtual machines (VMs). Continue scaling with pod architecture and by combining multiple clusters. VxRail Manager (available only with VxRail appliances) makes it easy to insert or remove nodes from your cluster to meet your business needs.
- Dell Technologies support —Dell EMC Ready Solutions for VDI are tested and validated engineering systems for VDI and its related tools. Deployment services provide installation of this turnkey VDI appliance to ensure a rapid deployment with linear and predictable scalability.
- User experience —NVIDIA virtual GPU technology brings the power of NVIDIA GPUs to virtual desktops, apps, and workstations, accelerating graphics and compute to enable virtualized workspaces to perform just like physical PCs. This means that users working from home offices or anywhere can have a consistently excellent user experience.
Dell Technologies offers single-company-support models for Horizon and vSAN-based solutions.