Dell Technologies offers comprehensive, flexible, and efficient VDI solutions that are designed and optimized for your organization's needs. These VDI solutions are easy to plan, deploy, and run.
To start or extend your data center, you can choose from two vSAN-based appliance options. While VxRail and vSAN Ready Nodes have the same underlying technology (VMware vSAN), each provides unique benefits. vSAN Ready Nodes require similar architectural design elements, but do not include the software components and elements that are found in the VxRail product. However, vSAN Ready Nodes offer a greater array of platforms and additional peripheral device choices.
Dell Validated Designs for VDI offer several key benefits:
- VxRail Lifecycle Management (VxRail LCM)—Integrated VxRail software that keeps updates and patches current. Updates are easy to install and safe to implement because all software components are engineered, tested, and released as a bundle. The VxRail Manager software notifies administrators when updates are available and can intelligently deploy important updates in your production environment with no downtime. VxRail LCM reduces complexity and risk, and makes the infrastructure more secure. Note: VxRail Manager is available only on VxRail.
- Predictable costs, performance, and scalability to support a growing workforce—The cost of deploying applications and desktops can be reduced when deploying from a data center.
- Rapid deployments—Dell Validated Designs for VDI offer rapid automated deployment at the infrastructure layer through Dell Technologies Services.
- Rapid scaling to serve enterprises of any size—Quickly scale with workload-specific configurations per platform. The solution is scalable up to 64 nodes per cluster, supporting thousands of virtual machines (VMs). Continue scaling with pod architecture and by combining multiple clusters. VxRail Manager makes it easy to insert or remove nodes from your cluster to meet your business needs.
- Dell Technologies support—Dell Validated Designs for VDI are engineered and tested specifically for VDI and related applications. Deployment services can provide installation of this turnkey VDI appliance to ensure a rapid deployment with linear and predictable scalability. Dell Technologies offers single-company-support models for Horizon and vSAN-based solutions.
- User experience—NVIDIA virtual GPU (vGPU) technology brings the power of NVIDIA GPUs to virtual desktops, apps, and workstations, accelerating graphics and compute to enable virtualized workspaces to perform just like physical PCs. Remote workers in a variety of locations can have a consistently excellent user experience.