User density and graphics considerations include:
- For architectures with Cascade Lake processors:
- Knowledge workers—3.125 users per core, for example, 50 knowledge users with dual eight-core processors
- Power workers—2.5 users per core, for example, 40 power users with dual eight-core processors
- For graphics:
- For high-end graphics configurations with NVIDIA Quadro vDWS graphics enabled, choose higher clock speeds over higher core counts. Many applications that benefit from high-end graphics are engineered with single-threaded CPU components. Higher clock speeds benefit users more in these workloads.
- For NVIDIA GRID vPC configurations, use higher core counts over faster clock speeds to reduce oversubscription.
- Note that most graphics configurations do not experience high CPU oversubscription because vGPU resources are likely to be the resource constraint in the appliance.