This design guide has given an overview of Azure Virtual Desktop on Azure Stack HCI and the components involved the architecture. It has highlighted possible configurations and items to consider when ordering and sizing this product. See Dell and Microsoft documentation for more information.
Some of the highlighted benefits of Azure Virtual Desktop on Azure Stack HCI include:
- Improved performance for Azure Virtual Desktop users in areas with poor connectivity to the Azure public cloud by giving them session hosts closer to their location.
- Meeting data locality requirements by keeping app and user data on-premises.
- Improved access to legacy on-premises apps and data sources by keeping virtual desktops and apps in the same location.
- Reduced costs and improve user experience with Windows 10 and Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session virtual desktops.
- VDI deployment and management compared to traditional on-premises VDI solutions is simplified by using the Azure portal.