Each Azure Stack HCI cluster consists of between 2 and 16 physical, validated servers. The clustered servers share common configuration and resources. The cluster is registered in Azure and is managed as an Azure Arc resource.
Azure Stack HCI combines the following:
- Azure Stack HCI operating system
- Dell Technologies validated hardware
- Azure hybrid services
- Windows Admin Center
- Hyper-V-based compute resources
- Storage Spaces Direct-based virtualized storage
- SDN-based virtualized networking using Network Controller (optional)
Azure Virtual Desktop for Azure Stack HCI is for customers who need desktop virtualization for applications that must remain on-premises for performance or data locality reasons.
The following figure shows the stack overview of Azure Virtual Desktop on an Azure Stack HCI cluster with Windows Admin Center management and FSLogix profile container storage: