Ensure that you have met the prerequisites and installed the VMware Horizon 7 software according to the VMware Horizon 7 product documentation.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the VMware Horizon 7 software and extract the installers.
- Select VMware-viewconnectionserver-x86_64-7.x.x application and run the installer.
- If an Open File - Security Warning message appears, follow the best practices of your IT organization.
- Click Run.
- In the VMware Horizon 7 Connection Server Welcome screen, click Next.
- Under Destination Folder, verify or change the installation directory and click Next.
- Under Installation Options, select Horizon 7 Standard Server and select your network protocol. Optionally, clear Install HTML Access, and then click Next.
If you need VMware Horizon HTML Access, refer to the VMware Horizon HTML Access Installation and Setup Guide for more information.
- Under Data Recovery, create a password for the Horizon backups and click Next.
- Under Firewall Configuration, select Configure Windows Firewall automatically, ensure that the ports are open, and click Next.
- Under Initial Horizon 7 Administrators, add a domain user or group and click Next.
- Under Domain Login, type the user name and password for the domain user or group you added and click Next.
- Under User Experience Improvement Program, optionally, complete the form. Click Next.
- To complete the wizard, click Install, and then click Finish.