- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the VMware Horizon 7 software and extract the installers.
- Double-click VMware-viewagent-x86_64-7.x.x and run the installer.
- Double-click the Horizon Agent setup file.
- In the VMware Horizon Agent Welcome screen, click Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Under Network protocol configuration, select IPv4 and click Next.
- Under Custom Setup, accept the default settings and click Next.
Note: If you do not need vRealize Operations, clear this option. It adds considerable overhead to Horizon Agent.
- Under Remote Desktop Protocol Configuration, select Enable the Remote Desktop capability on this computer.
If you do not enable Remote Desktop support during Horizon Agent installation, enable it manually after the installation is finished.
- To complete the wizard, click Install, and then click Finish.
- Click Yes to restart the desktop.