Use this procedure if you do not already have SQL Server installed in your environment.
- On the server that will host the SQL Server instance, double-click the setup application.
- Select .
- Under Product Key , type or paste the product key and click Next .
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next .
- Under Microsoft Update , select Use Microsoft Update to check for updates and click Next .
- When the wizard has installed all setup files and checked for updates, under Install Setup Files , click Next .
- When the Status values for all rules show Passed , under Install Rules , click Next .
Note: If a warning status appears, review and address the warning according to the best practices of your IT organization.
- Under Setup Role , select SQL Server Feature Installation and click Next .
- Under Feature Selection , click Select All and click Next .
These are the default settings, which you can change.
- Under Instance Configuration , type a unique name for the Instance ID and click Next .
- Under Server Configuration , accept the default settings and click Next .
- Under Database Engine Configuration , select Mixed Mode , create and confirm a password, add the local and domain users, and then click Next .
The password is for the SA account and is used for the Composer Server.
- Under Analysis Services Configuration , add local and domain administrator accounts and then click Next .
- Under Reporting Services Configuration , accept the default settings and click Next .
- Under Distributed Replay Controller , add local and domain administrator accounts and click Next .
- Under Distributed Replay Client , type the Controller Name and click Next .
- Under Ready to Install , verify the configuration and click Next .
- When the installation is complete, click Close .