Install Horizon Composer only if you are using linked clone pools.
- Ensure that Microsoft .NET framework version 4.6 is installed.
- After you have created the composerDB and viewEvents databases, use the composerDB database to complete this procedure.
- Double-click the VMware-viewcomposer installation application.
- In the VMware Horizon 7 Composer Welcome screen, click Next .
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next .
- Under Destination Folder , verify or change the installation directory and click Next .
- Under Database Information :
- Click ODBC DSN Setup .
- Select System DSN and click Add .
- In Create New Data Source , select SQL Server and click Finish .
- Under Create a New Data Source to SQL Server , type the name of the composerDB database, type a description, and type the name or IP address for the SQL Server instance, and click Next .
- Select With SQL Server Authentication , type the SA account and password you created when you installed SQL Server, and click Next .
- Select Change the default Database , select the composerDB database, and click Next .
- Click Finish .
- Click Test Data Source and click Next .
The database appears in the System DSN tab.
- Click OK .
- In the Database Information screen, type the Data Source Name, username, and password for this account, and then click Next .
- Under VMware Horizon 7 Composer Port Settings , click Next .
Note: Ensure that your IT organization has configured a firewall exception to allow the required ports to communicate.
- To complete the wizard, click Install , and then click Finish .