Install Horizon Composer only if you are using linked clone pools.
- Double-click the VMware-viewcomposer installation application.
- In the VMware Horizon 7 Composer Welcome screen, click Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Under Destination Folder, verify or change the installation directory and click Next.
- Under Database Information:
- Click ODBC DSN Setup.
- Select System DSN and click Add.
- In Create New Data Source, select SQL Server and click Finish.
- Under Create a New Data Source to SQL Server, type the name of the composerDB database, type a description, and type the name or IP address for the SQL Server instance, and click Next.
- Select With SQL Server Authentication, type the SA account and password you created when you installed SQL Server, and click Next.
- Select Change the default Database, select the composerDB database, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Test Data Source and click Next.
The database appears in the System DSN tab.
- Click OK.
- In the Database Information screen, type the Data Source Name, username, and password for this account, and then click Next.
- Under VMware Horizon 7 Composer Port Settings, click Next.
Note: Ensure that your IT organization has configured a firewall exception to allow the required ports to communicate.
- To complete the wizard, click Install, and then click Finish.