Deploy a non-persistent MCS catalog on XenDesktop 7.x.
Ensure that XenDesktop and its core components (Delivery Controller, StoreFront, and Virtual Delivery Agent) are installed.
- Log in to the Delivery Controller and open Citrix Studio.
- Select Machine Catalog > Create Machine Catalog.
- Read the information under Introduction, and then click Next.
- Under Operating System, select Desktop OS and click Next.
The selected operating system is used to create the virtual machine pool.
- Under Machine Management, make the following selections, and then click Next.
- For Desktop Experience, select the options for your deployment and click Next.
- For Master Image, select the virtual machine or snapshot to use as the template for virtual machines deployed by the pool and click Next.
If no snapshots exist, XenDesktop automatically creates one.
- Under Virtual Machines, provide the following information and click Next.
- Under Computer Accounts, provide the following information and click Next.
- Under Summary, review the information for accuracy, type a Machine Catalog name, and click Finish.
Citrix MCS provisions the pool to the hosts.