Install StoreFront on a dedicated virtual machine.
Ensure that the StoreFront requirements have been met.
Although you can install StoreFront and Delivery Controller on the same virtual machine, we recommend that you install these components on separate dedicated virtual machines.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the XenDesktop software and extract the installers.
- Right-click XenApp_and_XenDesktop_7.x.iso and select Mount.
- Double-click the AutoSelect installer application.
- Select XenDesktop and click Start.
- Under Extend Deployment, select Citrix StoreFront.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Under Core Components, accept the default settings and click Next.
- Under Firewall, select Automatically and click Next.
This option enables XenDesktop to create the firewall rules for the ports that the XenDesktop components use.
- Under Summary, review the settings for accuracy and click Install.
XenDesktop starts the installation process, which can take several minutes.
- Under Smart Tools, select the options required for your deployment and click Next.
- When the installation has completed, click Finish.
The Citrix StoreFront Welcome screen appears.
After you have installed StoreFront, create a store to provision VDI virtual machines for users.
- In StoreFront, select Create a new deployment.
- Under Base URL, type the base URL for StoreFront to use.
- Review the Getting Started screen and click Next.
- Under Store Name, type a name for the store, select the required options, and click Next.
- Under Delivery Controllers:
- Type a display name for the Delivery Controller.
- Select the Transport type (HTTP or HTTPS).
- Click Add.
- Type the server name of the Delivery Controller that you installed earlier and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Under Remote Access, select Enable Remote Access if required by your deployment and click Next.
- Under Authentication Methods, select the methods required by your deployment and click Next.
- Under XenApp Services URL, accept the default selections and click Create.
- Under Summary, review the store details and click Finish.
Citrix StoreFront displays the new store.
In StoreFront, configure a trusted domain for users.
- Under My Store, select Manage Authentication.
- Under Methods, select User name and password.
- Under Settings, select Configure Trusted Domains.
- Select Trusted domains only and click Add.
- In the Add Domain dialog box, type a domain name and click OK.