Install Delivery Controller to manage user access, optimize connections, and create desktop and server images.
Ensure that the Delivery Controller requirements are met.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the XenDesktop software and extract the installers.
- Right-click XenApp_and_XenDesktop_7.x.iso and select Mount.
- Double-click the AutoSelect installer application.
- Select XenDesktop and click Start.
- Under Get Started, select Delivery Controller.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Under Core Components, select the required options and click Next.
- Do not select StoreFront, which is installed later on a different standalone machine.
- We recommend using an external license server, which is installed later. This guide does not provide instructions for installing the Delivery Controller license server feature.
- Under Features, select the required options and click Next.
- Under Firewall, select Automatically and click Next.
This option enables XenDesktop to create the firewall rules for the ports that the XenDesktop components use.
- Under Summary, review the settings for accuracy and click Install.
XenDesktop starts the installation process, which can take several minutes.
- Under Smart Tools, select the options required for your deployment and click Next.
- When the installation has completed, click Finish.
- When Citrix Studio opens, ensure that the currently logged-in user has the required privileges to run Studio.
You cannot run Studio with a local user account.
The Welcome to Citrix Studio screen appears.