Ensure that the Memory Mapped I/O (MMIO) setting in the system BIOS is set to 12 TB:
- Press F2 on startup to enter the system BIOS settings.
- Select Integrated Devices.
- Ensure that the Memory Mapped I/O base option is set to 12 TB.
- Save and exit.
The Dell EMC R740xd Installation and Service Manual provides more information about the MMIO default setting and when to change it to 12 TB.
Instructions for the following steps are located in the NVIDIA Virtual GPU Software Quick Start Guide.
- Follow the instructions for Installing the License Server Software to configure the license server and attach the license files.
- If you are using NVIDIA vGPU, ensure that error correcting code (ECC) memory is disabled on all GPUs.
NVIDIA vGPU does not support ECC memory and fails to start if ECC is enabled.
- Ensure that NVIDIA Virtual GPU Manager is installed on your hypervisor and that the host is in maintenance mode.
- Follow the steps under Disabling ECC Memory.
- Follow the steps for Configuring a vSphere VM with Virtual GPU to configure the virtual machine (VM) hardware and attach an NVIDIA vGPU profile to a VM.
- Follow the steps for Installing the NVIDIA vGPU Software Display Driver to install the NVIDIA windows drive package on the guest VM/Master image.