Deploy XenApp hosted shared desktops MCS Catalog on XenDesktop 7.x
Ensure that XenDesktop and its core components (Delivery Controller, StoreFront, and Virtual Delivery Agent) are installed. Instructions are provided in the sections, Installing Delivery Controller, Installing StoreFront, and Installing the Virtual Delivery Agent.
- Log in to the Delivery Controller and open Citrix Studio.
- Select Machine Catalog > Create Machine Catalog.
- Read the information under Introduction, and then click Next.
- Under Operating System, select Server OS and click Next.
The selected operating system is used to create the virtual machine pool.
- Under Machine Management, make the following selections, and then click Next.
- For Master Image, select the virtual machine or previously created snapshot that will be used as the template for the virtual machines being deployed by the pool and click Next. If no snapshots have been created before Citrix will automatically create a new snapshot and then click Next.
- Under Virtual Machines, provide the following information and click Next.
- Verify your settings and click Next.
- Under Computer Accounts, provide the following information and click Next.
- Under Summary, review the information for accuracy, type a Machine Catalog name, and click Finish.
Citrix MCS provisions the XenApp hosted shared desktops to the hosts.