Install the Virtual Delivery Agent on the virtual machine to be used as the master image on the user virtual machines.
- Ensure that the Virtual Delivery Agent requirements are met.
- Ensure that the virtual machine to be used as a master image is joined to a domain and is activated for Windows before you create a master image.
- Ensure that required Windows optimizations are completed.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the XenDesktop software and extract the installers.
- Right-click XenApp_and_XenDesktop_7. x .iso and select Mount .
- Double-click the AutoSelect installer application.
- Select XenDesktop and click Start .
- Under Prepare Machines and Images , select Virtual Delivery Agent for Windows Desktop OS .
- If the User Account Control warning appears, click Yes .
- Under Environment , select Create a Master Image .
- Under HDX 3D Pro , select one of the following modes and click Next .
- If you are using shared graphics through a GPU card, select Yes, install VDA in HDX 3D Pro mode .
- If you are not using shared graphics, select No, install VDA in standard mode .
- Under Core Components , select the required components and click Next .
- Under Additional Components , select the required components and click Next .
If you use Machine Creation Services (MCS) to provision desktops, select Citrix Machine Identity Service .
- Under Delivery Controller , connect the master image to a Delivery Controller:
- Type the FQDN hostname of the Delivery Controller.
- Click Test connection .
- If the test is successful, click Add .
If the test is unsuccessful, refer to the Citrix documentation for troubleshooting procedures.
- Click Next .
- Under Features , select the required features and click Next .
- Under Firewall , select Automatically and click Next .
This option enables XenDesktop to create the firewall rules for the ports that the XenDesktop components use.
- Under Summary , review the settings for accuracy and click Install .
XenDesktop starts the installation process, which can take several minutes.
- Under Smart Tools , select the options required for your deployment and click Next .
- Under Finish , ensure that Restart machine is selected and click Finish .