Install Delivery Controller to manage user access, optimize connections, and create desktop and server images.
Ensure that the Delivery Controller requirements are met.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the XenDesktop software and extract the installers.
- Right-click XenApp_and_XenDesktop_7. x .iso and select Mount .
- Double-click the AutoSelect installer application.
- Select XenDesktop and click Start .
- Under Get Started , select Delivery Controller .
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next .
- Under Core Components , select the required options and click Next .
- Do not select StoreFront , which is installed later on a different standalone machine.
- We recommend using an external license server, which is installed later. This guide does not provide instructions for installing the Delivery Controller license server feature.
- Under Features , select the required options and click Next .
- If a standalone SQL Server instance does not exist, select Install Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP2 Express .
- If you need the shadowing feature of Director Server, select Install Windows Remote Assistance .
- Under Firewall , select Automatically and click Next .
This option enables XenDesktop to create the firewall rules for the ports that the XenDesktop components use.
- Under Summary , review the settings for accuracy and click Install .
XenDesktop starts the installation process, which can take several minutes.
- Under Smart Tools , select the options required for your deployment and click Next .
- When the installation has completed, click Finish .
- When Citrix Studio opens, ensure that the currently logged-in user has the required privileges to run Studio.
You cannot run Studio with a local user account.