Deploy a non-persistent MCS catalog on XenDesktop 7. x .
Ensure that XenDesktop and its core components (Delivery Controller, StoreFront, and Virtual Delivery Agent) are installed.
- Log in to the Delivery Controller and open Citrix Studio.
- Select .
- Read the information under Introduction , and then click Next .
- Under Operating System , select Desktop OS and click Next .
The selected operating system is used to create the virtual machine pool.
- Under Machine Management , make the following selections, and then click Next .
- Select Machines that are power managed . This option enables you to create a pool of virtual machines.
- For Deploy machines using , select Citrix Machine Creation Services (MCS) .
- For Desktop Experience , select the options for your deployment and click Next .
- For Master Image , select the virtual machine or snapshot to use as the template for virtual machines deployed by the pool and click Next .
If no snapshots exist, XenDesktop automatically creates one.
- Under Virtual Machines , provide the following information and click Next .
- Select the number of virtual machines required for the pool.
- Select the amount of memory for each machine.
- Select the amount of memory allocated to cache.
- Select the disk cache size.
- Under Computer Accounts , provide the following information and click Next .
- Select Create New Active Directory accounts .
- Type the location in Active Directory where the virtual machines will be placed.
- In the Account naming scheme field, type a name for the virtual machines followed by ### (hashtags). The number of hashtags represents the number of trailing digits required by your naming scheme.
- Under Summary , review the information for accuracy, type a Machine Catalog name , and click Finish .