Install the Virtual Delivery Agent on the virtual machine to be used as the master image on the user virtual machines.
- On the virtual machine where the software is to be installed, download the XenDesktop software and extract the installers.
- Right-click XenApp_and_XenDesktop_7.x.iso and select Mount.
- Double-click the AutoSelect installer application.
- Select XenDesktop and click Start.
- Under Prepare Machines and Images, select Virtual Delivery Agent for Windows Desktop OS.
- If the User Account Control warning appears, click Yes.
- Under Environment, select Create a Master Image.
- Under HDX 3D Pro, select one of the following modes and click Next.
- Under Core Components, select the required components and click Next.
- Under Additional Components, select the required components and click Next.
If you use Machine Creation Services (MCS) to provision desktops, select Citrix Machine Identity Service.
- Under Delivery Controller, connect the master image to a Delivery Controller:
- Type the FQDN hostname of the Delivery Controller.
- Click Test connection.
- If the test is successful, click Add.
If the test is unsuccessful, refer to the Citrix documentation for troubleshooting procedures.
- Click Next.
- Under Features, select the required features and click Next.
- Under Firewall, select Automatically and click Next.
This option enables XenDesktop to create the firewall rules for the ports that the XenDesktop components use.
- Under Summary, review the settings for accuracy and click Install.
XenDesktop starts the installation process, which can take several minutes.
- Under Smart Tools, select the options required for your deployment and click Next.
- Under Finish, ensure that Restart machine is selected and click Finish.