This Dell EMC solution for SAP HANA TDI deployments on Unity XT arrays reduces hardware and operational costs, lowers risks, and increases server and network vendor flexibility. Customers using the solution can:
- Integrate SAP HANA into an existing data center.
- Choose between the following storage protocols and connectivity options for the SAP HANA nodes:
- Fibre Channel (FC) SAN
- NAS (NFS)
- Use Unity XT shared enterprise storage to rely on already available multisite concepts to benefit from established automation and operations processes.
- Use their existing operational processes, skills, and tools and avoid the significant risks and costs that are associated with operational change.
- Use the performance and scale benefits of Unity XT to obtain real-time insights across the business.
- Expect significant benefits using flash drives for the SAP HANA persistence by reducing SAP HANA startup, host auto-failover, and backup times.
- Transition easily from an appliance-based model to the Unity XT-based TDI architecture while relying on Dell EMC Professional Services to minimize risk.