This guide provides the following information:
- Best practices and tips for deploying the SAP HANA database on Unity XT all-flash and hybrid storage systems
- Descriptions of the configuration requirements and storage design recommendations for Unity XT arrays with SAP HANA
- Description of the network requirements for the FC SAN and NAS (NFS) protocols and connectivity options
- Steps for configuring Unity XT storage for SAP HANA using Dell EMC Unisphere storage management for Unity XT for FC SAN or NAS (NFS) connectivity
- Detailed instructions for accessing Unity XT storage from the SAP HANA nodes
This guide describes SAP HANA TDI deployments in physical environments. If you plan to use SAP HANA in VMware virtualized environments on VMware vSphere, review the VMware Virtualized SAP HANA with EMC Storage Solution Guide.