OpenManage Integration for Vmware vCenter tasks
OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter is a vCenter plug-in that enables you to monitor, update, and manage PowerEdge servers directly in your vCenter administration domain, helping to reduce the complexity of managing your data center. The plug-in streamlines tasks that are associated with managing and monitoring Dell EMC server infrastructure in the vSphere environment. These tasks include:
- Firmware updates—Deploying BIOS and firmware updates from within vCenter, including leveraging DRS for cluster-aware updates.
- Centralized visibility into physical and virtual server health—Conducting physical server inventorying, monitoring, and alerting directly within vCenter.
- Acceleration of new server deployment—Configuring servers and deploying hypervisors on new systems without a PXE restart, using provided templates. The template is dropped into a cluster and linked to vCenter host profiles.
- Monitoring and alerts—Providing:
- Full host and chassis inventory and monitoring
- Hardware alerts added to vCenter logs for event creation
- Easy service tag information and warranty status
- Reporting for audits and record keeping
Note: At the time of publication, no default vSAN firmware/driver catalog is available for OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter to create a repository. As an administrator using Dell Repository Manager (DRM), you must manually check the driver/firmware package based on your vSAN version (see vSAN VCG in the VMware Compatibility Guide). If you are using a network share, create a network shared folder with VCG for vSAN and compatible firmware and drivers, and then create a custom repository profile and point to the shared folder. OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter can help provide and implement cluster-aware updates to use rolling updates with a DRS policy and detect drift from those settings.