After the host is created, you can create and add (map) the volumes. Each host requires a data and a log volume for the SAP HANA persistence.
- From the PowerStore Manager UI, select Storage > Volumes > + Create.
The Create Volumes page is displayed, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 13. Creating a volume
- Provide the following information for the new volume:
- Name (or prefix)
- Optionally, a description
- Quantity: You can create multiple volumes. When you specify a quantity, PowerStore automatically adds a number suffix to the volume name.
- Required size
- Volume performance policy: Select High.
Create volume groups
PowerStore can group volumes together into a volume group. A volume group is useful for operations that affect multiple volumes simultaneously, for example, when the same volumes are added (mapped) to multiple hosts.
To create a volume group:
- On the Create Volumes page, select the hosts on which to add the new volume, as shown in the following figure, and click NEXT.
Figure 14. Mapping a volume to a host
- Check the host and let PowerStore automatically generate the logical unit number under which the host discovers the volume. PowerStore selects the next available number.
- Click NEXT to access a summary page, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 15. Create volumes summary page
- Click CREATE to complete the volume creation.
- Repeat these steps for all SAP HANA persistence volumes (data and log volumes).