This Dell EMC solution for SAP HANA TDI deployments on PowerStore storage systems reduces hardware and operational costs, lowers risks, and increases server and network vendor flexibility for customers. Customers can:
- Integrate SAP HANA into an existing data center.
- Choose between the following storage protocols and connectivity options for the SAP HANA nodes:
- NAS—Shared file system (NAS/NFS)
- SAN—Fibre Channel (FC SAN)
- Use their existing operational processes, skills, and tools, thus avoiding the significant risks and costs that are associated with operational change.
- Use the performance and scale benefits of PowerStore systems to obtain real-time insights across the business.
- Expect significant benefits from using NVMe storage class memory (SCM) and solid-state device (SSD) drives for the SAP HANA persistence by reducing SAP HANA startup, host autofailover, and backup times.
- Expect storage efficiencies and capacity savings with PowerStore always-on inline data reductions.
- Transition easily from an appliance-based model to the PowerStore-based TDI architecture while relying on Dell Technologies Professional Services to minimize risk.