The TDI solution increases server and network vendor flexibility while reducing hardware and operational costs. Customers using SAP HANA TDI on PowerMax arrays can:
- Integrate SAP HANA into an existing data center
- Avoid the significant risks and costs associated with operational change by using their existing operational processes, skills, and tools
- Transition easily from an appliance-based model to the PowerMax-based TDI architecture while relying on Dell EMC Professional Services to minimize risk
- Use PowerMax shared enterprise storage to rely on already-available, multisite concepts and benefit from established automation and operations processes
- Use the performance and scale benefits of PowerMax arrays to obtain real-time insights across the business
- Use flash drives for the SAP HANA persistence and benefit from reduced SAP HANA startup, host auto-failover, and backup times
This validation guide describes a solution that uses the SAP HANA platform in a TDI deployment scenario on PowerMax enterprise storage arrays. The guide provides configuration recommendations based on SAP requirements for high availability (HA) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for data throughput and latency for the TDI deployment. Topics that the guide addresses include:
- Introduction to the key technologies in the solution
- Configuration requirements and storage design principles for PowerMax storage with SAP HANA
- Best practices for deploying the SAP HANA database on PowerMax storage systems
- Example of an SAP HANA scale-out installation using PowerMax storage
Note: This validation guide describes SAP HANA TDI deployments in physical environments. If you plan to use SAP HANA in VMware virtualized environments on vSphere, see the VMware Virtualized SAP HANA with EMC Storage Solution Guide
This document is for system integrators, system or storage administrators, customers, partners, and members of Dell EMC Professional Services who must configure a PowerMax storage array to use in an SAP HANA TDI environment.
Dell Technologies and the authors of this document welcome your feedback on the solution and the solution documentation. Contact the Dell Technologies Solutions team by email or provide your comments by completing our documentation survey.
Authors: Dat Nguyen, Benjamin Simroth, Donagh Keeshan
Contributor: Aighne Kearney
Note: For links to additional documentation for this solution, see the Dell Technologies Solutions Info Hub for SAP.