The TDI solution increases server and network vendor flexibility while reducing hardware and operational costs. Customers using SAP HANA TDI on PowerMax arrays can:
- Integrate SAP HANA into an existing data center.
- Use Fibre Channel (FC) storage area network (SAN) connectivity from the SAP HANA hosts to the storage array.
- Avoid the significant risks and costs associated with operational change by using existing operational processes, skills, and tools.
- Transition easily from an appliance-based model to the PowerMax based TDI architecture while relying on Dell EMC Professional Services to minimize risk.
- Use PowerMax shared enterprise storage to rely on already-available, multisite concepts and benefit from established automation and operations processes.
- Use the significant performance and scale benefits of PowerMax arrays to obtain real-time insights across the business.
- Use flash and SCM drives for the SAP HANA persistence and benefit from reduced SAP HANA startup, host auto-failover, and backup times.
- Expect storage efficiencies and capacity savings with PowerMax advanced data reduction with inline compression and deduplication.