During our tests with SAP HANA on PowerMax arrays, we observed the following:
- The SAP HANA-HWC-ES 1.1 certification scenario makes higher demands in terms of disk configuration.
- SAP HANA production installations on PowerMax systems require SSDs for the SAP HANA persistence.
- Data Domain systems and DDBEA enable you to consolidate backup and archive SAP HANA systems with greater network efficiency, reducing your storage protection footprint through deduplication and compression.
- Using SSDs for the SAP HANA persistence provides significant benefits, including:
- Reduced SAP HANA startup and host auto-failover times
- Reduced SAP HANA backup and recovery times
- No need to consider spindle count because initial array and disk configuration can be performed based on capacity